of Sports of the USSR in Mountaineering,
y.o., professional climber.
instructor and mountain guide, mountain cameraman.
Chairman of Trainers’ Council of Moscow Climbing Federation.
Chairman of Moscow Ice-Climbing Committee.
Chairman deputy of Russia Ice-Climbing Committee.
Member of the Russian Geographic Society.
Organizer and leader of several famous projects, such as:
“7 Summits”, “Landrover on Elbrus”.
Has been into climbing and organization of expeditions and
competitions for over 20 years. For last 10 years –
on professional level.
Up to 1990 had made over 100 ascents of different categories
Most Prominent Achievements of the last 10 years:
– Champion of the USSR in winter class – Svobodnaya
1991 – Silver prize-winner of Army Championship
in high altitude and technical class – Engelsa peak, 6510
1992-1994 – professional mountain guide in “Pilgrim”
Led more then 10 groups of “REI” company (USA) on Elbrus(5642m).
Led 3 groups from Germany and Austria on Korzhenevskoi
peak(7105m) and Kommunizma peak(7495m).
Prepared the first Slovenian expedition to the North Pole, horse
for “REI” in the Caucasus.
1993 – member of the expedition on Everest (8848m), Nepal,
up to 8000m.
1994 – Beginning of “7 Summits” project. The leader
of the successful
expedition on McKinley (6100m), USA, Alaska.
1995 - The leader of the expedition on Kilimanjaro (5900m), Tansania,
Africa. The expedition made a new route on Breach Wall.
- The leader of the winter expedition on Montblanc (4810m), France.
- The leader of the first Russian successful expedition on Carstensz
Pyramid (4884m), Indonesia.
- The leader of the expedition on “The Nose”, El Capitan,
Yosemite National Park, USA,
1996 – The leader of the expedition on Aconcagua (6970m),
1997 – The leader of the winter ascent on Ushba (4700m), 6A.
- The Champion of Moscow in Ice-Climbing (speed and difficulty)
- The member of the expedition on Lhotse Middle (8411m).
- The leader of the successful expedition on Elbrus by “Land
1998 – The ascent of Khan Tengri (7010m)
- The Champion of Moscow in Ice-Climbing (speed)
- The 3rd place in the Russia Ice-Climbing Championship (speed)
- The first winter ascent of Aksu (5400m), 6A. – Silver medals
in Russian Championship in winter ascents.
1999 – The leader of the Cho-Oyu ascent (8201m). China, Tibet.
The 3rd place
in Russia Championship.
- The leader of the expedition on Kukurtlu (4600m), 6B. The 3rd
place in Russia Championship.
2000- The leader of the successful expedition to Everest (8848m),
2001- Created “Russian adventure team”.
2003- The leader of the new one successful expedition to Everest
many ascents in the mountains of Check Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria,
France, Switzerland, Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Kirgizia, USA, Alaska,
Argentina, Indonesia, Tanzania, Nepal , Tibet, Crimea (Ukraine);
over 40 winter and summer ascents on Elbrus.